This is your main content
area. This panel is the main area to edit and customize for your
department/faculty website. Don't edit any other
areas of this template.
- For multiple columns, simply add a table into this
area. Make sure that the table you create has a 100%
width set. This allows your page content to scale
with browser windows within the template.
Don't set table borders unless absolutely necessary
though. It's standard practice to avoid borders with
- Some quick keys for content editing/layout tips:
- Ctrl + B = bold
- Ctrl + i = italic
- Ctrl + U = underline
- Shift + Enter = Shifts to a new line but
doesn't do a paragraph break
- Enter = Full paragraph break (space in
- Fonts: All fonts will automatically default at Arial since this is the main font used throughout ARCC's new website. We strongly urge you to stick with Arial or Verdana for your faculty sites as well. This will help maintain consistency.
More about fonts:
To create heading text in
SharePoint Designer, select your text > Go to the
dropdowns above your top menu that say "Paragraph" ,
"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" , and "0.75em" >
Select the arrow next to "Paragraph" and choose h1 -
h6, depending on the size you want (h1 is the
largest and h6 is the smallest). You can, then,
change the colors of these headers like you normally
would through (Format > Font).